On the 17Th of July Mike, Shelly, Steven and I went to the Roadless Book Cliffs. We took the horses and road our asses off. I think mine is really gone...I could not fill it after the first day. So.. on Friday we got to camp and just set up and then went to bed. Saturday we rode about 22 miles. The first 10 miles were great, we went to a little cabin and had lunch. Then the next 9 were OK, but then the last 3 miles were a killer. We ran out of water at the end so that did not help. That was not the problem though.....my ass bones, yes my ass bones way deep inside felt like they were poking through. Shelly and I can admit that we were hurting a little, but the guys...well they have to act tough and say they were fine. (We know the truth!) Sunday- I had the best seat in town, I rode on my pillow. I'm not ashamed to admit it. We rode for about 10 miles and I felt fantastic. We went to a rangers cabin, had lunch, used a double seater out house,(one at a time) watched a funny little squirl, and rode back to camp. We got rained on Sunday night, but it was not bad. Then Monday morning we had breakfast, loaded horses, and drove home.
Steven on Skeeter & Jamie on Blondie
Mike, Shelly, Steve, & Jamie resting at one of the two cabins we went to. (Day one)
Mike and Shelly





hahaha! I love the pillow idea...we've missed you guys lately, haven't seen you for a while!
ReplyDelete