Grandma Pat Pat flew up to Heaven on the Wings of Angels by the Clouds and Stars and Passed where no one sees and she walks with Jesus and her Loved ones waiting and I know she's smiling saying Don't Worry Bout Me.
Some may call Grandma PAT PAT bossy, but I just called her a WOMEN who knew what she wanted. Maybe that's why we got along so well! ;)
Grandma Pat Pat treated me like one of her own grand kids. She will be missed. I don't know what ill do when I go to the Rentmeisters Home and I have no one asking me to go get her a Caffeine Free Diet Pepsi form the garage, or now one telling me how to fold her tomato and roast beef sandwich in half, no one calling me three times a day to get her stuff from the store, no one to play cards with and tell them they are cheating, (all tho we know she was just a card shark), and no one there to treat me like a real granddaughter.
One day Grandma Pat Pat called me up and asked me to get a lemon for her dinner. I said, "A Lemon" she said yes, just a lemon. Really I have to go to the store for a damn lemon and nothing else, no TP, bread, or milk? Just a lemon! So I told her yes and took her a lemon. I didn't mind helping her so I just did it. Well the next day I went over to the house and the lemon was on the counter. Really, Grandma Pat Pat you didn't use the lemon for dinner? The whole reason I love to tell this story is because when life is throwing LEMONS at you she taught me PATIENTS and how to turn LEMONS into LEMONADE. What I would do now to go to the store and buy just a lemon! So remember when times get tough and lemons are coming your way, turn the situation into lemonade. I love you Grandma Pat Pat, thanks for all the fun and life teaching lessons!




Jamie, Do I ever tell you how much I love you. You made me cry this morning. I am missing my mom so much. Thanks for the little tribute on your blog. You are amazing and I am so glad to call you my niece!!
ReplyDeleteThank you for your tribute. You are such a sweet woman. I am sorry for your loss. Will you please tell Steve and his family I am sorry. Sounds like you have so many good & funny memories of her. I love you Jamie. Aunt Nella
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about your Grandma. Loved your post though. Cute story about the lemons. :) Hope all is well.
ReplyDelete